Available Immunizations at BYU–Hawaii
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (DTaP, Tdap, Td)
- Haemophilus Influenzae type b (HiB)
- Hepatitis (Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Twinrix)
- Pneumococcal Conjugate (Prevnar)
- Polio, Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (Varivax)
- Influenza, Meningococcal (Menactra)
- Shingles (Shingrix)
- Pneumococcal Saccharide (Pneumovax)
- Typhoid (Typhim Vi)
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus)
The seasonal flu vaccine is usually available in August or September. Influenza can be spread very easily, so we highly recommend you receive a yearly flu vaccine. You may call us at (808) 675-3510 to schedule an appointment to receive your vaccination. Those individuals at high risk of complications (see below) if they become ill with the flu, are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
- All children ages 6 months to 4 years old
- Children and adults with chronic pulmonary, cardiovascular, metabolic or other disorders (i.e., asthma, diabetes)
- Persons ages 50 years and older
- Pregnant women
- Household contacts and caregivers of children ages younger than 5 years old and adults ages 50 yrs and older, especially contacts of children less than 6 months old
The cost of the flu shot is $30 unless it is covered by your insurance.
COVID-19 vaccines and boosters are recommended for all students and can be done at any large pharmacy. The closest pharmacy is CVS Pharmacy, Hauula, HI.