Important Student Medical Benefit Information
Who to Call
|Student Health Center Appointment Scheduling and Referrals||1 (808) 675-3510|
|Student Health Center After-hours Emergencies (On-call Nurse)||1 (808) 675-3911|
|Student Insurance Office||1 (808) 675-3512|
|Deseret Mutual||1 (808) 466-4077|
BYU–Hawaii Student Insurance Office
P.O. Box # 1950
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, Hawaii 96762-1294
O: (808) 675-3512
F: (808) 675-4601
How to Request Access to Your DMBA Account
1. Please email to Cora Seui-Sika at CSeui-Sika@dmba.com with the following information:
FULL LEGAL NAME
2. Wait to get a response from Cora with your login ID and temporary password.
3. Log in to www.dmba.com and change the temporary password to your own password.
Notice: The temporary password will expire in seven days.
4. Once you are in your DMBA account you will have access to view your DMBA claims and download your DMBA lD card.
Student Medical Benefit Card
A copy of your student medical benefit card can be obtained through the local DMBA office located at the Laie shopping center or by calling Cora Seui-Sika or Anita Olszowka at (808) 466-4077.
Student Medical Benefits Save Your Spot Deadline
You need to register for at least 12 credits with one face-to-class by the save your spot deadline to avoid the RSVP penalty charge of $75.00. Class waiting is not considered a registration.
Save Your Spot Deadlines by Semester
- FALL - June 15
- Winter - November 1
- Spring - March 1
If you are a full-time student, you are qualified for the Student Medical Benefit with no extra fee. If you drop below full-time credits including one face-to-face on-campus class you automatically lose your medical benefit the semester that you did not qualify. Online classes are not eligible.
Terminate your medical benefit if you are:
- Serving a mission.
- Transferring to another school.
- Going home and returning to school.
- Doing an internship in your home country and not returning to BYU–Hawaii after the internship.
Terminate your Student Medical Benefit before you leave campus.
You are required to add all your dependents to the school's plan. You need to come to the Student Insurance Office located at Aloha Center Room 137 to add all your dependents to your plan.
Regarding Adding Dependents
If you acquire new dependents because of marriage or the birth or adoption of a child, you may add them or change your plan to add them within 30 days of this event. If you do not enroll your dependents within this 30-day window, you will have to wait until the beginning of the next academic year (fall semester since it is open enrollment time) to enroll them.
How to Request for a Certification of Coverage or Certification of Termination
- Call Cora Seui-Sika at (808) 466-4077
- Send an email to Cora Seui-Sika at CSeui-Sika@dmba.com and give her the following information:
- Full Legal Name
- Date of birth
- Student ID#